| I'm With Them

File with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is increasingly interested in the cases of victims of workplace sexual misconduct. If you are NOT a federal employee, you can file a "Charge of Discrimination" with the EEOC, but you must file the complaint with them BEFORE you file a lawsuit in court. The EEOC will conduct an investigation, and at the end of the investigation, presuming you have a case, would provide you with a "Notice of Right to Sue." You can also request a "Notice of Right to Sue" if you feel the investigation is likely to take more than 180 or has already taken more than 180 days. Here are important pages from the EEOC website:

Sexual Harassment

Filing a Charge of Discrimination

If you are a federal employee, you are expected to file a complaint within 45 days from the day the discrimination occurred. You are required to contact an EEO Counselor at the agency where you work or where you applied for a position. Visit Overview of Federal Sector EEO Complaint Process for more information on the federal complaint process. Many other governmental entities, such as states, counties, cities and towns, have their own antidiscrimination laws. These entities are referred to as "Fair Employment Practices Agencies." Sometimes, their protections are greater than those of the federal government. Often, when you file a complaint with a FEPA, they will dual file a complaint with the EEOC.