Notify Law Enforcement
Physical assault and extreme emotional distress are crimes. Placing an obscene phone call is considered a criminal sex offense.
If you have been sexually assaulted or are a victim of attempted sexual assault, it is most important that you receive proper care. Please call the free, confidential National Sexual Assault Hotline (800-656-4673), operated by RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) to be connected with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area. The confidential hotline provides:
- Confidential support from a trained staff member
- Support finding a local health facility that is trained to provide care for survivors of sexual assault and other services like sexual assault forensic exams
- Someone to help you talk through what happened
- Local resources that can assist you with your next steps
- Referrals for long term support in your area
- Information about laws in your community
- Basic information about medical concerns
RAINN provides information about reporting sexual assault to law enforcement.
RAINN also operates the Department of Defense's Safe Helpline at 877-995-5247.
A resource that is available on some college campuses allows the victim to create an archive of their experience that can later be turned into a report. If your college campus has this support, Project Callisto might be of interest to you.